WELCOME GUEST  |  LOG IN
clubhouse, east hampton, indoor, tennis, cornhole, bar, happy hour, bowling, mini golf
27east.com

Story - News

Nov 12, 2015 2:19 PMPublication: The Southampton Press

Anna Pump's Family Asks Anonymous Letter Writer To Come Forward

Anna Pump
Nov 18, 2015 10:13 AM

The family of Loaves and Fishes founder Anna Pump, who was struck by a vehicle and killed while crossing Montauk Highway in Bridgehampton last month, is asking an anonymous letter-writer who claims to have information about the incident to come forward.

On Wednesday, November 11, Ms. Pump’s daughter, Sybille van Kempen, said she received three copies of a letter from an anonymous writer that contains information related to the incident involving the death of her mother. Copies of the letter were sent to the Bridgehampton Inn, Loaves and Fishes, and Ms. van Kempen’s home in Water Mill shortly after Ms. Pump’s death on October 5. The letter is dated October 16.

“Someone obviously wanted very much to have this come to light,” Ms. van Kempen said, noting that if the writer gets in touch with her, she would protect the writer’s identity when taking that information to police or the Suffolk County District Attorney’s office. “I thought if we could reach out to this person and get them to come forward … It’s all about accountability. I think that’s the point here.”

Ms. van Kempen added that she appreciates the information the letter writer provided but said that because they both want all questions surrounding Ms. Pump’s death to be answered, it would be beneficial for them to work together.

“We have the same objective in common, and I think we should come together and succeed in that,” she said.

Ms. van Kempen asks that whoever wrote the letter reach out to the District Attorney’s Vehicular Crimes Bureau at (631) 853-6488.

You've read 1 of 7 free articles this month.

Already a subscriber? Sign in

???????????
By westhamptonboy (227), Westhampton on Nov 12, 15 9:16 PM
Well, It wasn't me.

You're such a tease SP.

I did notice tonight as I was driving past the Post Office after dark that I've probably never gone more than 25 MPH there. It'd hard to imagine running over and dragging someone there.
By Q333 (161), Southampton on Nov 12, 15 11:06 PM
This isn't about you. Have some respect for the family. Jerk.
By kiddio (16), SOUTHAMPTON on Nov 13, 15 3:00 AM
2 members liked this comment
No disrespect intended. I wish I did have more information for her.

But, there's nothing wrong with stating that it is difficult to understand how the accident happened considering the speed at which traffic normally moves there.

There is no need for name calling.
By Q333 (161), Southampton on Nov 13, 15 6:39 PM
Classic overreaction from behind a keyboard Kiddio.
By dnice (2346), Hampton Bays on Nov 14, 15 12:53 PM
Overreaction? Someone that I knew died and one of the first statements is "Well it wasn't me". That's the first thing that comes to mind? "You're such a tease"? So you're concerned with someone teasing you when another family is grieving? This is not someone who is concerned with Anna's death, but someone who wants to win the forum over with their flippant response. Look at what was written. "Me, I". Once again, it's not about you q333. Had your focus been on the deceased your post would ...more
By kiddio (16), SOUTHAMPTON on Dec 20, 15 2:33 AM
dnice: Did you know Anna?
By kiddio (16), SOUTHAMPTON on Dec 20, 15 2:45 AM