WELCOME GUEST  |  LOG IN
meghan heckman, 2019 election
27east.com

Story - News

Feb 8, 2016 2:49 PMPublication: The East Hampton Press

UPDATE: Firefighters Extinguish House Fire On Egypt Lane In East Hampton Village

East Hampton Village Fire Department responded to a house fire on Monday afternoon. KYRIL BROMLEY
Feb 8, 2016 4:24 PM

Update: Monday, 3:30 p.m.

A fire in the utility room of 111 Egypt Lane was successfully extinguished at 3:15 p.m., said East Hampton Village Police Chief Jerry Larsen.

Chief Larsen said the East Hampton, Springs, Amagansett and Sag Harbor Fire Departments were at the scene in addition to East Hampton Village Police and East Hampton Village EMS.

At the scene, firehoses could be seen stretched out along Egypt and Davids Lane.

Firefighters were reportedly able to extinguish the fire by cutting into the home's roof and spraying the room with water.

According to the fire marshal, the fire was confirmed as non-suspicious and may have been caused by a faulty heating system.

ORIGINAL STORY

Firefighters and emergency workers responded to a fire that broke out in a back room of a home at 111 Egypt Lane in East Hampton Village at approximately 2:15 p.m. on Monday.

According East Hampton Village Police Chief Jerry Larsen, the house, listed under the surname Douglas, was unoccupied, and police were alerted by an alarm company. An officer arrived at the scene and confirmed the fire, he said.

Additional information was not immediately available.

You've read 1 of 7 free articles this month.

Already a subscriber? Sign in

Great job, EHFD!
By Draggerman (940), Southampton on Feb 8, 16 5:46 PM
power tools, home improvements, building supplies, Eastern Long Island